Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Tree Risk Assessment Re-Qualification Course
COURSE INFORMATION: The TRAQ Renewal Course is a one-day refresher, with five hours of instruction, and three hours to take the exam. Current TRAQ holders can complete the course as early as three and one-half (3 1/2) years into their Qualification (18 months before your expiration date).
Once you have successfully passed the renewal requirements, you will be given 5 years from the date of your previous expiration allowing you to take full advantage of the 5 year period granted with the credential. If you do not take the renewal course before your renewal date, you will need to take the TRAQ course and assessment over again.
Registration closes on April 9, 2018 or when class is filled.
All payments are due by April 9, 2018. Cancellation/refund requests must be submitted by April 8, 2018. All applications will be reviewed for approval. Your registration will be finalized via email.
You will receive a confirmation packet from ISA in Champaign, IL containing a letter with the date and time of the course and the name of the appropriate contact person. Confirmation packets will be shipped to the address provided on the personal information registration page. Please provide a physical shipping address.
There is a $150 USD fee per retake up to one year from the original date that you took the course. Applications for retake must be submitted prior to the registration deadline for the scheduled course where you will retake your exam. You must phone ISA at 217-355-9411 to schedule a retake.
SPECIAL TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS:
If you have a special need and require an accommodation for a course, please complete the Special Accommodation Request Form. Your request will be reviewed and you will be notified of a determination.
DoubleTree by Hilton
800 Harker St.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Rooms are available at the Doubletree by Hilton for a reduced rate of $99.00 plus tax.
- Phone the hotel directly at 810-984-8000. Please mention group code ARB.
- Phone the reservation line at 1-855-610-TREE. Please mention group code ARB.
- Visit our web site at www.porthuron.doubletree.com. In the field provided, enter group code ARB.
8:00am-2:00pm Education Session
- your government issued photo ID
- your TRAQ Manual (shipped via UPS to the address you provide)
- your TRAQ Workbook (will be handed out at the class)
- your hard hat and high visiblity vest or shirt (required)
- #2 pencils and clipboard for taking notes and completing worksheets
rain gear, including a large ziplock bag (just in case!)
- come prepared to spend part of the day outdoors
- please dress for your comfort level indoors and outdoors;
we cannot always control the room temperature to suit everyone
- Levels of assessment
- Target assessment
- Site assessment
- Tree biology and mechanics
- Tree inspection and assessment
- Data analysis and risk categorization
INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION:
- course registration
- exam fee
- the TRAQ renewal manual (shipped via UPS to the address you provide (NO PO Boxes)
- the TRAQ renewal workbook (handed out at the class)
- coffee and breakfast items
- lunch, beverages and snacks for the day
To qualify to take the exam, you must complete all of the questions during the online course registration process.
Monday, May 7, 2018, 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Blue Water Convention Center
500 Thomas Edison Parkway
Port Huron, MI 48060
Cancelations prior to April 9 will receive a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided after April 9, however you can transfer your registration to a future course date.