IN-PERSON SESSIONS | LANSING CENTER, LANSING, MI
- February 8
- EHAP - 8am-1pm
- CPR/Adult First Aid - 1:00-5:00pm
- February 9 - Climbers Corner | 8:00am-5:00pm
- Phillip Kelley, Wright Tree Service & Lucas Drews, Aerial Arboriculture Tree Care & Training
8 hours of tree-mendous education!
- Biomechanics While Aloft - What does Biomechanics mean? Biomechanics are the study of the mechanical laws relating to the movement or structure of living organisms. Ever notice those strange aches and pains that weren't there when you first started climbing? Perhaps you are a new climber learning and think, there has got to be a better way? Good news there is a better way! Phillip Kelley, along with Lucas Drews, International Tree Climber Competitor, will demonstrate better work positioning and climbing techniques to get longevity out of your body. These techniques will help reduce musculoskeletal disorders that are caused by repetitive motion injuries.
- Aerial Rescue Symposium - Are you and your team prepared if there were to be an accident while someone is aloft? Do you have the skills to safely access the tree and egress with the victim? Are there certain scenarios you do not feel confident in? Phillip Kelley and Lucas Drews will cover several of these common scenarios and work through them live. This will be an open forum format. A survey will be sent out to gather input with the goal to cover as many reasonable scenarios as possible.
CHECK OUT THE VIRTUAL HOT TOPICS SCHEDULED...