Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
RE-Qualification Course for Oak Wilt Qualified Specialists
for Oak Wilt Qualified Specialists
August 24, 2021
The Oak Wilt Identification and Management Qualification Renewal Course is a one-day update and refresher, with six hours of instruction and field exercises, and two hours to take the exam. Once you have successfully passed the renewal requirements, you are given 5 years from the date of the current exam, or your original qualification exam date, which ever allows you full advantage of the 5 year period granted with the credential. If you do not take the renewal course before your next renewal date, you will need to take the Oak Wilt Identification and Management Qualification course and assessment over again.
|REQUIREMENTS TO TAKE THE COURSE:
||You must be a current Oak Wilt Qualified Specialist.
||Information is pending and will be posted by Monday, July 19.
|RETAKING THE EXAM:
||If 80% or greater is not achieved on exam, registrant has a one-time opportunity to retake the exam within 6 months. Date and time of retake will be coordinated with proctor. There is a $50 USD fee per retake.
|COURSE LOCATION & PARKING:
||Mention - "Meeting with Dan Boyer & ISA Michigan Event" at the Park entrance booth. Follow signs to the Nature Center Parking lot.
- 8:00am-3:30pm - Education Session
- 3:30-5:00pm - Testing
|WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- your government issued photo ID
- your hard hat and high visibility vest or shirt (required)
- #2 pencils and clipboard for taking notes and completing worksheets, rain gear, including a large ziplock bag (just in case!)
- come prepared to spend part of the day outdoors
- please dress for your comfort level indoors and outdoors; we cannot always control the room temperature
|INFORMATION UPDATES AND REVIEW:
- Oak wilt Biology/Life Cycle
- Spore mats and stages
- Oak wilt insect vectors
- Tree structure and CODIT
- Management strategies
|INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION:
- course registration
- exam fee
- coffee, lunch, and beverages
Kensington Metro Park
2240 West Buno Rd
Milford, MI 48380
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only